10.13.2007

what the fuck are you looking for?

the brilliant, yet so simple, question confronted me today. what is it you want? what the fuck are you looking for? i've been on a path pursuing so many important passions for so long. now that they are coming to completion, what am i looking for?

i've hesitated to answer the question too fast. i hear myself say, "wait for just a few minutes... take some time just to be... don't pursue things just to be busy... just be. be at peace for awhile."

but then in the quietness of this, i ask myself, what is it that would be perfect in my life right now? what is it that i want? the response: i don't have a fucking clue. so i'll just keep being. and contemplating. and then i realize, even this moment plants something in my soul. this is a good moment.

"Every moment and every event of each person's life on earth plants something in their soul." Thomas Merton

No comments: