12.06.2005

where honesty is the norm?

the prayer of today is about honesty.
"help me to build a community of faith where honesty is the norm"?
it's profound. why is it so far-fetched for today's church? we'd rather build a community that looks good, talking about how we do our daily devotions, and we are perfect. yet we are so far from being honest with ourselves. we have no love; we are not truly interested in walking with people in their moments of pain. we'd rather preach about sin than confess our own.
creator god,
Help me to pursue honesty today.
Help me to be honest with you.
Help me to be honest with myself.
Help me to build a community of faith where honesty is the norm.
Build in me a capacity for truth.
Amen.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

well, I have to be honest, lisa -- I am at work right now, and feel kind of guilty for slacking off and reading your blog while I'm on the clock. But in spite of the guilt, it was enjoyable!
(I also am awaiting a new assignment, so there's not much else for me to do at the moment)
I had an awesome time this weekend, and am excited for our church and community! go rahab!

lisa said...

thanks for the message, aaron. i agree - it was a great and thought-provoking weekend, and i am feeling inspired. :-) i'm glad you liked the blog.